Unbundled Family Law
Unbundled legal service is a new concept of how lawyers can represent clients in a limited manner.
Traditionally, if a lawyer represented you, she was retained to manage your entire case from beginning to end. Today's legal market has changed such that clients may choose to hire a lawyer for one specific purpose and paying only for the one service provided, instead of paying a large retainer to manage an entire case.
If you would like to retain The Moreno Family Law Firm to help you with just one aspect of your case, we will charge for just that service. If there are documents which need to be prepared for the court, they may be prepared for you in “Pro Per” (meaning that you are representing yourself) or with The Firm as your attorney for just that piece of the case. We can also appear on your behalf at the court. If you submit documents to the court showing us as your attorney if we make appearances on your behalf, all you need to do is sign a Notice of Limited Scope Representation and a Substitution of Attorney that substitutes us in as your attorney. Once the legal task is completed, you will sign another Substitution of Attorney that substitutes us out. We will prepare these documents for you.
Some examples of unbundled services are:
- Sending a letter to reach a resolution of your dispute.
- Preparing a Petition or a Response.
- Preparing a brief and/or attending a mediation, settlement conference, or arbitration.
- Propounding or responding to discovery requests.
- Filing or responding to noticed motions (including Summary)
- Ex parte hearings and Orders to Show Cause.
- Pretrial preparation, including Trial Readiness Conference & Motions in Limine.
- Appearing at a deposition.
- Preparing a Declaration of Disclosure.
- Preparing a Judgment or Marital Settlement Agreement.
This is not an exhaustive list. We can unbundle any aspect of your case. If you do not see your specific need listed, please contact us We can tell you how we are able to help you.